Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Greetings From Columbus

Hello J370 clan! I’m glad that we have received second notice of the blog because in the midst of everything going on, I must admit I forgot about it. Thank you Jessica and Jack for creating this new avenue for interesting discussion, gives me something to do on my 15 minute break! Jessica - I really enjoy catching up on your life in Houston (aka: stalking you on your blog). And it was so good to hear from you Hartley, I’m so glad you are doing well in Chicago.

This summer I am in Columbus working for Prentice Hall – the “evil” textbook company that really isn’t so evil. I made a lasting impression when I ever so gracefully tripped on my pant leg and fell flat on my face in front of everyone my first day on the job. About 10 people gathered around to see if I was okay, haha! Anyways, I’m working in the sales department, but am learning a lot about the publishing industry in general. The director of the internship is amazing and he has really given us a lot of opportunity to get to know the company. We’ve had several meetings with the different departments – it’s huge! Everyone is so helpful and the corporate culture at this place rocks. Two other interns and myself may be going to their national sales meeting (expense free) in Florida pretty soon, which is super exciting.

Either way, if anyone has any interest in publishing and would like a great paid summer internship next year, let me know! I could go on about it forever. Other than work and lazy summer activities, I am already packing bags for my Wales excursion – I don’t leave for another month and a half.

15 minutes is up! Like Hartley said, I miss you all and look forward to getting updates via the blog.

No comments: