Thursday, August 2, 2007

Go Steelers

Hi all!

It’s so nice to hear from the people who have already written. It sounds like everyone is having an amazing summer, despite the fact that we’re missing out on seeing Jack and Jess two times a week!

It’s ironic that you created this Blog, Jess (and thank you, by the way!) because one of my jobs at my internship is to help implement a Blog process for our company, WordWrite Communications. I also have the opportunity to explore the use of social media and its potential for use with our clients. Who would’ve thought Facebook and MySpace could make me valuable?

Aside from that, truly the most exciting things I have done here at WordWrite involve media pitching, which I learned the hard way thanks to the one and only Jason Koma. I started pitching to some smaller papers in West Virginia and pitched yesterday to an online outlet called Pop City in Pittsburgh.

Another client I’ve been working with is Kings Family Restaurants. I brainstormed a 40th anniversary plan with two of my other colleagues and we’re working on the PR calendar for it and trying to hammer out the logistics for a radio tour.

Everyone I work with is extremely nice, and of course, asked if I have any fellow Bobcats who would want to intern during fall, or even winter break. It’s offered on a generous stipend with extremely flexible hours. Plus, the two out of three women I work with are getting married soon so we’re always talking about they’re exciting wedding plans and other fun stuff, such as flowers. (Sorry, Pat! It’s officially true that we dominate the field.)

Anyway, I don't want to ramble on too much, but I hope you all enjoy the last month of summer, and please e-mail if you’re interested in a WordWrite internship or just want to chat at es207404@ohio.edu.

P.S. Jess, I know you're wondering why I would offend you with a such a subject for this post. However, as you and I (and Chelsea) know, football season is approaching, and the Steelers are a hot item once again. PLUS, I met Big Ben and gave him a pep talk. Well, not the pep talk part, but I can guarantee you that he looks extremely buff and more ready than ever for the season. ;)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh Eva, no no no. Steelers, you have got to be kidding me.