Hello, hello!
As most of you know I have left the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains to accept a position as senior media relations specialist at Rice University. Because the commute from Houston, TX, to Athens would be nearly impossible, I can no longer be Jack's side kick in class. A major diappointment to both you and me.
Teaching J370 was one of my favorite things to do and it made all the typical work-related headaches disappear. I know Jack echoes me in saying, you made my work meaningful and worthwhile. Thank you!
We want to give something back to you (and keep track of you) so we decided to start this blog. We figured it is a way to help you stay connected with classmates and share tips and opportunities. Also, it's a way to help familariaze all of us with "new media."
Obviously, this is a work in progress. Jack and I have never done anything like this before, so we are counting on you to help us.
And, first thing is first...we need a name for this blog. We want something that captures the Jack & Jessica J370 experience, but we didn't have to live through it the way you did. Send your entries to starkjessica@yahoo.com by June 7 (that's my birthday). Any reference to Pittsburgh sports teams will not be accepted. You can win... bonus points? an iPod? pizza? (Prize has not yet been determined. We're also open for suggestions on that.)
Long story short: I miss you guys. Stay in touch. And, if you're ever looking for a job in Houston, let me know.
Jessica
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, gang,
Congratulations to Jessica for creating this blog. I imagine J370 is one of the few classes with an alumni association.
Then again, in how many classes do the students set their own hours (when Jess wasn't around)?
Post a Comment